DIARY OF A RAT TERRIER

Day to day life with our Rat Terrier, Jigger.

Sands' Full Speed Ahead

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Beginning

I wish I had done this for my South African Boerboel - Proudfoot's Tad Bit O Tina; but alas; I did not. So for our little man Jigger; I will document his time with us from the beginning; and what an exciting beginning it was!

Suffice to say he was born; he attained 8 weeks of age; and then he left the comfort of his original family in Georgia to be shipped to Buffalo where I picked him up at the Buffalo International Airport.

He was bred by Lisa Sands of Southern Sands Kennel; Sire is: PR Sands Indigo Storm, dam is CH Bluegks Sweet Dreams.

He is freakin' adorable. I'm not a small dog person; anything less than my knees tends to be parasailing away; but this guy; instantly got my attention.

He's pretty bold; not as hard-headed as my Boerboel, but great recovery for startling objects. Very inquisitive, running around the backyard a few hours off the plane.

Very sweet; cuddles up with me and the kids; bouncy with the big dogs; who are being very nice to him; puppy license and all; barring the fact that he is no threat.

Arrival at our house: 4:00
Pottied, ate dinner, played until 6:00
Slept until 8:00
Pottied, ate some more, played until 9:30
Slept until 11:00
Went for walk with big dogs until 12:00
Slept until 4:00 a.m.
Pottied, played - fell asleep 4:30 until 8:30
New day; see next post.








No comments:

Post a Comment